DOT Approved Refueling Tanks
Aluminum Tank Industries, Inc. manufactures the highest quality refueling transfer tanks in the industry. Aluminum Tank Industries has been granted a special permit from the U.S. Department of Transportation for the legal manufacture, mark and selling of legal aluminum refueling transfer tanks. These tanks can be used for commercial and state applications. Choose Aluminum Tank Industries for top quality fuel tanks that will hold up to the toughest conditions and also for your peace of mind. To find out more about our special permit visit our Special Permit page
All of our Refueling Tanks come with the following features:
- Special Permit issued by the US Department of Transportation
- Legal for Gas , Diesel, Methanol, Kerosene, Aviation fuel and other liquids
- Commercial grade lockable vent/prevent filler cap
- Fully baffled to reduce movement of contents
- Two-2” npt reinforced bungs for superior strength
- 3/8” npt drain
- Hold down brackets
- Pressure and leak detection test
- Clean and free of debris inside and outside of the tank
- Designed for use with transfer pumps up to 30 lbs – Severe Series tanks are required for pumps over 30 lbs.
- Custom size and configuration
- Black or white powder coat
- Fuel level gauge
- Added fittings
- Pump notch out
- Double wall
- Forklift brackets
- Toolbox for storage
- Transfer pumps, filter kits, meters
Our L-shape Refueling Tanks were designed to be used with a crossover style toolbox or chest box. The bottom of the L-shape fits under most standard toolboxes. The fuel tank can also be installed in reverse so the fuel tank can be removed without removal of your toolbox. The Two- 2” bungs allow for reversing the fuel fill cap and fuel transfer pump to the side you prefer best.
The rectangle Refueling Transfer Tank is the most popular in the lineup. Our standard fuel tanks range from 38 to 110 gallons. The Two- 2” bungs allow for reversing the fuel fill cap and fuel transfer pump to the side you prefer best. The rectangle fuel tank is also the ideal shape if you require a double wall refueling transfer tank for you specific application. If you want to keep most of your bed space check out our more slender aluminum fuel tank designs, some only require 9”.
These Wedge style aluminum Refueling Transfer Tanks are an ideal choice for flat beds and pickups with a 5 th wheel. The tank slopes at a 45 degree angle on the tailgate side of the fuel tank for easy viewing and 5 th wheel clearance. The Two- 2” bungs allow for reversing the fuel fill cap and fuel transfer pump to the side you prefer best.
Our split tanks are designed for transporting and refueling two separated liquids legally on your flat bed or in the bed of your pickup truck. L-shape and Rectangle split fuel tanks are available. The Two- 2” bungs allow for reversing the fuel fill cap and fuel transfer pump to the side you prefer best.
Refueling Tank and Toolbox combos are great, secure solutions for tool and equipment storage as well as on the go fueling! The toolbox features:
- All polished aluminum DP body construction
- Polished industrial stainless locking handles
- Automotive style gas shocks for lid
- Extreme 3 layer lid design
- Full aluminum piano hinge
- Aero-beveled lid design